ADSM-L

Re: Slow backup performance

2005-10-11 20:44:01
Subject: Re: Slow backup performance
From: David Vargas <David.Vargas AT RESORTQUESTHAWAII DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:28:33 -1000
Don't know if this will help, but I thought I'd share what I found when
I was having problems with our Exchange TDP backup performance.  In the
dsm.opt file I added -

TCPWindowsize    255
TCPBuffSize      127

My backups went from 800K/sec to 30MB/sec and backup time went from 3
days to 2.6 hours for a total of 290GB of data on a 1Gb network.  There
were a couple of other settings that I changed, but this one is what
made it fly.  I still think it should be faster...

You may need to adjust the numbers for optimal performance in your
environment.

- David

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the
original message.  Thank you.