ADSM-L

Scheduled backups won't find paths that manual/GUI backups do

2005-10-11 10:58:45
Subject: Scheduled backups won't find paths that manual/GUI backups do
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:51:25 -0400
TSM Server 5.3.15
TSM Client - Windows V5.3.0.15 - Windows 2003 Server SP1

This client is connected to our EMC Celerra NAS. It is setup to perform
the backups, web-interface, etc.  The mounts are CIFS, however we have
tried doing standard "drive letter" mounts.

Here is the problem.

The Windows GUI can see and backup this CIFS mount, no problem.  Perfectly
happy.

TSM scheduled incremental backups fail/do not see the mount.

So, we tried a manual backup creating a CMD file and run DSMC.  The
command we run is:

dsmc i -optfile="c:\rose\rose-ots\dsm-ots.opt"  -subdir=yes
"\\rose.adm.adp.vcu.edu\ots\*"

If we run this backup, manualy, it works great.

If the TSM schedule invokes the backup/CMD, it always errors with:

Incremental backup of volume '\\rose.adm.adp.vcu.edu\ots\*'
ANS1228E Sending of object '\\rose.adm.adp.vcu.edu\ots\*' failed
ANS1063E Invalid path specification

We have tried every combination we can think of, we no luck.

What are we missing ?