ADSM-L

Re: ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files failed.

2005-10-06 13:41:21
Subject: Re: ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files failed.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:40:44 -0400
On Oct 6, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

A co-worker says that it was a "recognizable pattern" used to
initialize
storage, rather than just using x'00' or x'FF' !

0xdeadbeef is indeed an historic memory populator, which I've
periodically seen appear over 25 years. My notes:

0xdeadbeef                              Some subsystems pre-populate
allocated
                                        memory with the hexadecimal
string
                                        0xdeadbeef (this 32-bit hex