ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade to TSM 5.3 w/ TSM 5.2 Web interface messes u p admin windo w frame

2005-10-06 00:21:29
Subject: Re: Upgrade to TSM 5.3 w/ TSM 5.2 Web interface messes u p admin windo w frame
From: John Schneider <Schneider_JohnD AT EMC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 00:19:40 -0400

Nancy,
        Since the problem in your case appeared when you upgraded from AIX
5.3 ML 2 to ML3, it should be easy to go through the /smit.log to figure out
what filesets got upgraded.  There will be long list, but most of them can
be eliminated from consideration.
        But I think of the Java filesets, for example.  Were they upgraded
at ML3? I can't tell with our system, since our old system was AIX 4.3.3,
and the new system came with AIX 5.3 ML3 already installed.  I looked on the
IBM web site and it shows

Java14.sdk1.4.2.10
Java14.source1.4.2.10

To be the level ML3 installs, and ML2 has:

Java14.sdk1.4.2.3
Java14.source1.4.2.3

It would be interesting to downgrade Java to the older version and see if it
changes anything.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Technology Consultant - Backup, Recovery, and Archive Practice
EMC² Corporation, 600 Emerson Road, Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63141
Phone: 314-989-3839 Cell: 314-225-9997 Email: Schneider_JohnD AT emc DOT com