ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 on SuSE SLES9 64

2005-09-29 17:13:25
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 on SuSE SLES9 64
From: Dmitri Pasyutin <pasyutin AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:12:34 +0200
On Thursday 29 September 2005 16:30, Geert De Pecker wrote:
> tsm: SERVER1>define path server1 drive3 srctype=server  desttype=drive
> library=MANUALTAPE device=/dev/IBMtape0 online=yes
> ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRIVE3.
> ANS8001I Return code 15.

I'm guessing that 15 is the errno value, which means "Block device
required" (from /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h).

Are you sure that /dev/IBMtape0 is a block device? If you do a
'file /dev/IBMtape0', you should get something like this:

/dev/IBMtape0: block special (X/Y)

If not, you're using the wrong device file.

Dmitri