ADSM-L

Re: how to speed up ...

2005-09-28 12:28:09
Subject: Re: how to speed up ...
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:24:23 +0200
Hi,
the TCPWINDOWSIZE is interesting to adjust if you have so called 'lfp ... long
fat pipes' , that means
much data over a long distance network, something like WAN and not on a LAN -
afaik
You may check the manual about tspwindowsize.

Goran, I think you have missed something: beside the 'elapsed processing '
and 'objects compressed' you should give the other values , whats happened
Its not clear how many files really are backed-up - or do you want to backup
every time all the files
--selective or incremental backup  ?
Are both Client and server connected on the same LAn and what Network
Interfaces do they have ?
Another question maybe : how many Filesystems does the Client have - all files
in one  ?

Greetings
Rainer

Kurt Beyers wrote:

> See the TSM 5.3 Performance guide for recommended values of eg TCPWINDOWSIZE,
> which can improve the performance.
>
> But an additional question I just was dealing with. The file system backup
> handles each domain sequentially, first the backup of domain A, then the
> backup of domain B and so on. Can the backup of eg 4 domains be started
> simultaneously if the backup goes to a diskpool. Might have to check the
> manual on RESOURCEUTILIZATION first.
>
> best regards,
> Kurt

Rainer Wolf                          eMail:       rainer.wolf AT uni-ulm DOT de
kiz - Abt. Infrastruktur           Tel/Fax:      ++49 731 50-22482/22471
Universitaet Ulm                     wwweb:        http://kiz.uni-ulm.de