ADSM-L

Re: 5.1.9 to 5.3.1 migrate install - Cleanup Backupgroups?

2005-09-13 09:07:02
Subject: Re: 5.1.9 to 5.3.1 migrate install - Cleanup Backupgroups?
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:06:41 -0500
Excellent Information, thanks Ruth. However, I do have one question: in
both the install guide and the TSM server upgrade tech note (1177863),
they say to run the command "Cleanup Backupgroups" on TSM 5.1 before the
upgrade to 5.3, especially "if there are any Windows 2000 or higher
clients that backup up to the TSM server". I can't find this command
anywhere in TSM 5.1.9 server, and 75% of my clients are 2K or higher, so
I'm stuck wanting to run a command I don't have!?!? They also point to DCF
docuemnt ID 1110770 for more detail on that subject, but I can't find that
document anywhere on IBM's site. Do you have any idea what command they
mean by Cleanup Backupgroups?

Thanks in advance,

Alex