ADSM-L

Re: A quick question about stgpool.

2005-09-09 15:56:17
Subject: Re: A quick question about stgpool.
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:55:57 -0400
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/09/2005
03:21:35 PM:

> I was just mulling about the Idea to speed up large restores of small
files,
> without resorting to image backup, keeping everything on disk, or
> collocating tapes. If I could keep just the active copy on disk I could
> speed up the restore considerably while keeping inactive copies on tape.

This would be a great addition to TSM.

Instead of spending extra $'s on 'flash copy' type hardware/disk solutions
and time consuming image backups we could accomplish the same thing
through a simple TSM incremental and save the day on a large restoration!

Let us all request it and get it in TSM 5.4!

Matt G.