ADSM-L

Re: TSM Ver 5.3 and ACSLS (SOLVED)

2005-08-30 22:05:15
Subject: Re: TSM Ver 5.3 and ACSLS (SOLVED)
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:46:51 -0400
Thanks!

I actually found out that there were some minor problems with TSM ver
5.3.1.0 but were fixed in 5.3.1.1

Here's the email that was posted to this group on 04/08/05 by a TSM
representative:

APAR IC45703 resolves an issue where ACSLS libraries are unable to mount
scratch volumes.  ACLSL libraries will fail to mount scratch volumes,
though private volumes can be successfully mounted.  Any attempt to mount
a scratch volume will fail with the following error:

ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied - no scratch volume
available.

If your tape library is ACSLS, please wait to install 5.3.1.0 until
5.3.1.1 is available where this problem is corrected.  We are in the
process of refreshing the README on the FTP site indicating that this
level should not be installed by customers using ACSLS libraries. We
apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks again!

DaveZ

                      TSM_User
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Ver
5.3 and ACSLS
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      08/25/2005 11:50
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

TSM has been able to connect to an STK library running ACSLS since V5.1.
New in V5.3 is the ability to share the library between two or more TSM
instances within TSM.  Prior to V5.3 you had to purchase EDT to share
drives in an STK library controlled by ACSLS.

I haven't seen anything posted about not supporting ACSLS in V5.3.

Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM> wrote:
Folks,

I remember seeing an email previously announcing that TSM Ver 5.3
and ACSLS is not supported at this time.

Am I correct?

Thanks!

DaveZ