ADSM-L

Re: Restore Node Data with command console

2005-08-26 13:45:07
Subject: Re: Restore Node Data with command console
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:44:51 -0400
You can't restore client files by using the TSM admin console.

BUT,

*       You can set up the TSM web client service on your client machine.
Then you can connect to it and do restores from any browser.

*       From the TSM server you can set up a client SCHEDULE that does a
restore.
You need to specify the command-line version of the restore, not the GUI.
And it works best if the client is using PROMPTED mode.

The RESTORE is still actually executed by the TSM client code, in any case.
Not the TSM server.

Wanda Prather
"* I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O *"  -(me)