ADSM-L

Read/Write errors on tapes

2005-08-26 09:14:18
Subject: Read/Write errors on tapes
From: Vincent RATAJSZCZAK <vincent.ratajszczak AT RTE-FRANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:14:55 +0200
'lo

We have TSM 5.2.2 working with HP MSL5026 library.

We actually sometimes get  tapedrive problems which cause read or write
errors counters (q vol f=d) growing on tapes.

After solving the hardware problem, we would like to reset these
read/write errors counters for these tapes, but even with a complet AUDIT,
we can't achieve this.

once the hardware pb solved , we can not achieve the   reset of the
read/write errors tapes counters .the only solution we found to get rid of
this pb , is to move the tape content  to an other.
Resetting theses counters could help us to check the tapes are normally
usuable, without remember the previous counter value.
My question is :

Is there any way to simply reset theses counters ?

Thank's in advance for your help

Vince