ADSM-L

Re: PMR: 67847,442,000

2005-08-24 16:54:27
Subject: Re: PMR: 67847,442,000
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:54:07 -0400
==> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:37:27 -0400, Nancy Jarin <jarin AT ca.ibm DOT com>
said:

> Hi Allen. I have checked if we are able to use single signon on ISC and  I
> have been advised that this is not possible. Please let me know if you
> need further information with regards to this matter or if we can close
> the pmr.

No, we can't close it.  I know the ISC can partake of federated identity, so I
know it can do outside authentication.  I want more details: As it stands,
you're telling me I have to define -two- completely independant sets of IDs to
administer my TSM servers, one inside of TSM and another inside the ISC.
You're further telling me that neither of these applications is capable of any
user exits for authentication.

This is ludicrous, I will discard the ISC before I make my TSM admins do
something like that.

- Allen S. Rout