ADSM-L

DB recovery

2005-08-23 11:55:27
Subject: DB recovery
From: "Scott, Mark William" <Mark.W.Scott AT UNISYSWEST.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:53:12 +0800
Good evening all

                        We are currently attempting to recover our TSM
DB the initial recovery was unsuccessful using the following cmd.

D:\tivoli\tsm\server\dsmserv restore db todate=today totime=now

With the following error msg

NR4643I Processed 168960 log records.

NR9999D tbundo.c(260): ThreadId<0> Error 20 on insert from table
Backup.Objec-

s for undo.

allchain: 104F2799  outTextf()+1529 <- 101BA771  tsmInitializeSe-

ver()+1B2F51 <- 52435345  Unknown  <-

NR7836S Server initialization terminated.

NR7837S Internal error TBUNDO012 detected.

his application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.

lease contact the application's support team for more information.

We are now attempting a salvage.

Our question is what size does the maxcap have to be?

For example

Define devclass salvage=db devtype=file mounlimit=10 maxcap=2G
dir=c:\tmp

We have 9x10GB database files is this the size maxcap has to be?

Any help would be grateful

Regards Mark