ADSM-L

Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)

2005-08-18 10:28:51
Subject: Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:27:01 -0700
The restore should work. Make sure you are following the procedures
outlined in article

I also recommend bringing your client maintenance up the the most current
5.2 or 5.3 levels.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-18
02:54:56:

> Hello,
>
> We did some testing the last days, because we were afraid that our
current
> DR-procedure didn't work anymore on W2K-servers were IIS is running.
>
> Restore with TSM 5.2.2.0 client, without first restoring Catroot:
> OK, but WFP restores a lot of old protected files
>
> Restore with TSM 5.2.2.0 client, first restoring Catroot:
> OK, but WFP restores only inseng.dll and mshtml.dll (just 2 old files)
>
> Restore with TSM 5.3.0.15 client, without first restoring Catroot:
> OK, but WFP restores still 66 old protected files
>
> Restore with TSM 5.3.0.15 client, first restoring Catroot:
> OK, but WFP restore only inseng.dll
>
> Conclusion: we are now investigating what the impact is of the restored
> dll's on the operating system.
>
> We are going to add the restore of the Catroot in our DR-procedure, but
> without the Catroot it is still working.
>
> It's only a problem with the 5.2 client on W2K-systems with IIS and
> Exchange. Systems with only IIS and 5.2 clients we have no problems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

FREE!