ADSM-L

Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)

2005-08-18 05:55:10
Subject: Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)
From: Mike Hagery <mhagery AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:54:56 +0000
Hello,

We did some testing the last days, because we were afraid that our current
DR-procedure didn't work anymore on W2K-servers were IIS is running.

Restore with TSM 5.2.2.0 client, without first restoring Catroot:
OK, but WFP restores a lot of old protected files

Restore with TSM 5.2.2.0 client, first restoring Catroot:
OK, but WFP restores only inseng.dll and mshtml.dll (just 2 old files)

Restore with TSM 5.3.0.15 client, without first restoring Catroot:
OK, but WFP restores still 66 old protected files

Restore with TSM 5.3.0.15 client, first restoring Catroot:
OK, but WFP restore only inseng.dll

Conclusion: we are now investigating what the impact is of the restored
dll's on the operating system.

We are going to add the restore of the Catroot in our DR-procedure, but
without the Catroot it is still working.

It's only a problem with the 5.2 client on W2K-systems with IIS and
Exchange. Systems with only IIS and 5.2 clients we have no problems.

Regards,

Mike