ADSM-L

Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Migration Speed Has Plummeted

2005-08-17 09:52:58
Subject: Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Migration Speed Has Plummeted
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:52:31 -0500
I'm not familiar with what type of disks/controllers your array uses, but if
possible, use newer SATA2 equipment.  It has support for native command
queuing, which helps random access a lot.  It's exactly why scsi disks are good
for it, although scsi firmware tends to have deeper queues (which is why it's
still better than even sata2).

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM 8/17/2005 8:40:20 AM >>>
You can use SATA disk in a random-access pool, but you're going to get
performance hits because of the very nature of the disk.

--
Mark Stapleton (stapleton AT berbee DOT com )
Office 262.521.5627