ADSM-L

enterprise setup

2005-08-15 07:28:34
Subject: enterprise setup
From: Bernd Wiedmann <Bernd.Wiedmann AT GEK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:13:13 +0200
hi everyone,

we are planning to do some enterprise configuration.
Now, what I have in mind is something like this:

1 TSM-Master-Server, which acts as configuration manager,
  central event-logger, and administration-server. 5 drives
  in a storagetek library.
  maybe hot standby.

n instances of TSM-Server, which serve the nodes.
  but, this TSM-Server won't have any tape or disk-storage.
  because they send all data to the master-server via virtual volumes.

This configuration has the big advantage that the instances don't need drives,
or something like that.

So here are my questions:
Does anyone has such a environment?
Does anyone know any pitfalls?