ADSM-L

Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restor e)

2005-08-11 11:34:53
Subject: Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restor e)
From: Steve Schaub <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:34:30 -0400
Mike,
For what it's worth, we had better success with BMR using the 5.3.0.5 client
than the 5.2.2.0 when we did our hotsite test recently.
We also ran a pre and post restore script that copied/restored some of the
hardware specific files such as hal.dll, but we needed to restore to
dissimilar hardware.
Does this machine have other drives than c:?  If so, they should be restored
first, in case any software references them.
-steve