ADSM-L

Server to Server migration question

2005-08-10 14:27:52
Subject: Server to Server migration question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:19:48 +0300

Hi to all

I tried to make a server to server migration here the steps I made:

      On source Server named SERVER1
  1. I define a server SERVER2 (target server)
  2. I define a devclass SERVERCLASS with device type SERVER and servername
SERVER2
  3. I create a stg SERVER1_POOL with devclass SERVERCLASS

      On target Server named SERVER2
1.  I define a server SERVER1 (source server) with nodename POSTBACK
2.  I create a nodename of type SERVER named POSTBACK
3.  I add this nodename to the STANDARD policy with a copypool destination
named I2000_SERVER1 (tape storagepool)
4.  Activate the STANDARD policy

I update my primary stg on SERVER1 (source server) named primarypool  with next
stg SERVER1_POOL

The migration start I see both on the source and target server activity on the
actlog but I got always this error message:

08/10/2005 20:05:23  ANR0520W Transaction failed for session 23881 for node
                      POSTBACK (Windows) - storage pool DISKPOOL is not
                      defined. (SESSION: 23881)

Why trying to store on DISKPOOL storage ???? I doubled check my STANDARD policy
and my copygroup is I2000_SERVER1 (I activate several times the STANDARD policy
and check the active policy to see that I2000_SERVER1 is correct in did !!!!

My TSM version on the source server is 5.2.4.0 Windows      O.S
My TSM version on the target server  is 5.2.4.2 AIX-RS/6000  O.S

Any suggestion ?????

Regards
Robert Ouzen
e-mail: rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il