ADSM-L

TSM 5.2.2.4 & AIX 5.3

2005-08-09 02:13:12
Subject: TSM 5.2.2.4 & AIX 5.3
From: "Spearman, Wayne" <wmspearman AT NOVANTHEALTH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 02:12:26 -0400
We recently upgraded our AIX server from 5.1 to 5.3. We are running tsm
5.2.2.4 64bit in a SAN environment.
When ever we start a DB backup to tape the internal disk, hdisk0 & 1,
peg out at 90 to 100% and the tsm response time as well as the AIX
response time goes way down.
I can't seem to locate the problem. Nothing is on internal disk except
the tsm install binaries and swap space.  DB & Storage Pools are in the
SAN.
We don't seem to be swapping excessively from what I can tell but I'm
not an AIX admin either. Our AIX Admins don't seem to know what he
problem is either at the moment.
Backups and other TSM admin functions seem to run with-out issue.

Any help would be appreciated,
Wayne

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH INC.
and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have
reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly
If you believe that any information contained in this message is
disparaging or harassing on the basis of gender, race, age, disability,
religion, or national origin, please contact Novant Health, Inc. at 1
-888-378-8250 or 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to
reports AT novanthealth DOT org.
Thank you.