ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade 5.1 to 5.3 on new server

2005-08-08 11:39:00
Subject: Re: Upgrade 5.1 to 5.3 on new server
From: Svetoslav Tolev <Bugs AT BULMAG DOT BG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:38:30 +0300
Hi,
I'm answering in reverce order:
2. You can restore DB only on the same type of Hardware (windows DB can be
restored on Windows machine, AIX on AIX and etc.)
1. You can export and inport data and I think that this is good idea. You
can make it in 2 ways. First - export to tapes and then import... The
second way is to make export from server directly to other server. In
second case , I'm sure that both servers must be in same levels.

Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
08.08.2005 18:05
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Upgrade 5.1 to 5.3 on new server

Hi,

we're running TSM 5.1 on AIX 5.1. We bought a new server
with AIX 5.3 where we want to install TSM 5.3. What is the
best way to migrate the data to the new server?
Would it be possible to import the 5.1 database and
server export files into the new server? Or do we
first have to upgrade the old server to TSM 5.3,
backup the database and then restore it to the new
server?
--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470