ADSM-L

Re: Who has the oldest TSM installation?

2005-08-04 22:18:57
Subject: Re: Who has the oldest TSM installation?
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:18:44 -0700
Here's another long-lived TSM server:

tsm: TOROMVSV>q stat
Storage Management Server for MVS - Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.0

                                Server Name: TOROMVSV
             Server host name or IP address: 9.23.246.24
                  Server TCP/IP port number: 1500
                                 Server URL: http://toromvsv.mkm.can
                                Crossdefine: Off
                        Server Password Set: Yes
              Server Installation Date/Time: 07/07/1993 13:03:53
                   Server Restart Date/Time: 07/28/2005 09:37:55
                             Authentication: On
                                                    .
                                                   etc .
                                                    .

Joerg Pohlmann

Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
2005-08-03 10:08
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Who has the oldest TSM installation?

                 I was just looking at the 'q status' output on one of my
TSM servers and saw that it is just over 9 years since we installed it.
Way back when it was ADSM v3 :

              Server Installation Date/Time: 06/28/96   10:09:23
                   Server Restart Date/Time: 02/03/05   10:36:00

                 We have upgraded the hardware a numerous times over the
years, but it still shows the original installation time.

                 Can anyone beat that?

Ben