ADSM-L

Re: monthly backup/archive report

2005-08-04 14:49:28
Subject: Re: monthly backup/archive report
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:49:11 -0400
On Aug 4, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Rainer Holzinger wrote:

Hello Richard,

I will have to enable the ITSM account within the test server first,
from
where we a pretty good measurement about overhead. Well that's the way
it
is.
From where can I download your program(s) to test it after a while?
Do you invoke them from within crontab?

Rainer - Just go to http://people.bu.edu/rbs and click from there.
         All free stuff!  :-)

Basically, cron, yes.  Cron kicks off a job each day around midnight,
and
its Perl code detects week and month transitions to perform special
stuff
in addition to nightly processing.  The monthly processing cuts off the
dsmaccnt.log file and then runs the 'adsm-report' command on the month's
accumulation, directing the output as a YYYYMM datestamped file to be
stored amongst our other monthly reports.  Perl is excellent for text
processing applications...where performance is not important.

   Richard Sims