ADSM-L

Re: Technote 1200328

2005-08-03 16:28:20
Subject: Re: Technote 1200328
From: Debbie Bassler <Deborah_Bassler AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:19:53 -0400

Oops, I meant to include that in the email. The bottom of this doc shows the transfer rates..

Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>

08/03/2005 04:10 PM

        To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [ADSM-L] Technote 1200328

What  did the tranfer rate show as?

1024 x 6.24 = 6389MB (megabyte)

Network is usually in Megabit, yes?

6389MB x 8 = 51112 (megabit)

>>> Deborah_Bassler AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM 08/03/2005 3:49:17 PM >>>
This doc offers alot of information about improving performance. I'm
especially interested in this because it took 56 minutes to restore
6.24G
of data, from Novell server to Novell server, over a 100MB pipe.

Our TSM version is 5.1.1 ( I know,,,we need to upgrade)...and the
client
version is 5.2.

In the dsmserv.opt file the MIRRORWRITE DB = SEQUENTIAL. According to
this
doc, we'll get better performance is we change MIRRORWRITE DB to
PARALLEL.
I thought I would do this then add the DBPAGESHADOW = YES parameter.
(the
MIRRORWRITE LOG = PARALLEL)

My plan is to make small changes to see if there is an impact, positive
or
negative. We have 2G of virtual memory, so I changed the bufpoolsize
from
262144 to 524288 and thought I'd make the MIRRORWRITE DB change also.

Has anyone made these changes and seen any performance
improvements/degredations? Any experiences or advice is welcome.....

Thanks for any input,
Debbie