ADSM-L

Re: Cancel Session

2005-08-02 10:51:15
Subject: Re: Cancel Session
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:51:11 -0700
Look through your activity log and try to figure out the last command that
your script executed (i.e., exactly what command did the script issue that
is hung?)

The "run" state would suggest that the TSM server is doing processing of a
long-running command. If you do "query session" multiple times, do you see
any of the counters for the hung session changing?

You could search the IBM TSM web site

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

for "cancel session" to see if any hits match your scenario.

If that doesn't yield anything useful, I'd suggest contacting IBM
technical support for further assistance.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-02
06:13:37: