ADSM-L

Linux TSM-Server 5.3: raw logical volumes

2005-07-28 10:28:09
Subject: Linux TSM-Server 5.3: raw logical volumes
From: Volker Maibaum <volker.maibaum AT EBERSPAECHER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:26:44 +0200
Hello,

I'm currently running a 5.2.5 server under Linux (s390x). The db-,log
and disk- volumes are in different filesystems.

I have read in the Performance Guide, that raw logical volumes archieve
a better performance.

Does anyone have experience with raw logical volumes under linux? I
havn't used raw volumes yet...

- Are these raw logical volumes just lvm-volumes without filesystems?
- do I just have to use /dev/myvg1/mylv1 as "volume name" when creating
e.g. db-Volumes in TSM?
- what are good preferences to choose (stripesizes, etc...)?

thanks in advance,

regards,

Volker