ADSM-L

Re: Another Journalling Question

2005-07-27 11:31:33
Subject: Re: Another Journalling Question
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:31:08 -0400
This apar was recently opened will be fixed in an upcoming fixtest.

The problem can occur when a client session is interrupted in the middle
of a
journal based backup.

There several other PMR's dealing with error recovery in both the client
and
journal service which will be fixed as part of this apar.

This apar not withstanding, I still believe that Journal Based Backup in
the 5.3+ client is more stable and reliable than older client versions,
and
I would still recommend upgrading to it if possible.

Pete Tanenhaus
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 07/27/2005