ADSM-L

Re: Multiple versions of TSM server on one AIX host

2005-07-26 09:09:14
Subject: Re: Multiple versions of TSM server on one AIX host
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:08:55 -0400
==> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:59:53 -0500, Bill Kelly <kellywh AT AUBURN DOT EDU>
said:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Pugliese, Edward wrote:

>> Instead of multiple versions on the same server, could you run different
>> versions on separate LPARS in a library client/manager arrangement ?   I
>> do run multiple servers on one AIX partition but they are on the same
>> level.

> Yeah, based on your and Allen's responses, it sounds like I definitely need
> to re-think how I'm going to go about this.  We've got a test partition and
> I'm already set up for library manager server and clients, so I think that's
> clearly the way I need to go.

Oh superb; I envy you.

Yeah, LPARs are just about perfect for this purpose, especially once you get
dynamic allocation.  The test installation can mutter along taking up .1 CPU
until you actually need it.

My test server is currently a B50 in a different rack. Terrific for some
purposes, but not ... snappy. :)

- Allen S. Rout
- Our 570s should be deployed soon.