ADSM-L

TSM 5.3 "feature"

2005-07-26 04:41:55
Subject: TSM 5.3 "feature"
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:41:47 +0200
Hi,

ITSM 5.3.1.2 server on AIX 5.3.

We are running a script to get our standard processes done on a daily
base. One of the new features in ITSM server 5.3 is Migrate STGpool.
Now, in our case not all stg pools are getting data in them on a daily
base. So, some of the storage will not have anything to migrate. The
following message is what I get:

7/26/2005 10:06:24 AM ANR4924E MIGRATE STGPOOL: Migration is not needed
for the storage pool

Why the E and not an I or W? The schedule in turn is marked as failed.
Not good for management reports.

Regards,

Karel
_________________________
Karel Bos
Technical Expert level 5
Atos Origin Nederland B.V.
Mail: Karel.Bos AT atosorigin DOT com
The information in this mail is intended only for use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. Access to this mail by anyone else than the addressee is
unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken omitted to be taken in
reliance of it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact the sender by return e-mail and