ADSM-L

Re: Node will not delete?!?

2005-07-20 15:40:57
Subject: Re: Node will not delete?!?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:40:36 -0700
Hi Joni,

Actually if you run HELP ANR2339E (or just HELP 2339), you'll see that
this message is indeed specific to backup sets. In general, when you get
an error message that you don't understand, using the HELP is a good idea.
  :-)

OK... just to reset...

What does the output of these commands show (copy & paste, please):

- QUERY FILESPACE <nodename>
- QUERY BACKUPSET <nodename>
- REMOVE NODE <nodename>

In answer to your other question: if you review the reference info for
DELETE VOLHISTORY (HELP DELETE VOLHISTORY), you'll see that it is not
recommended to use that command to delete backup sets. Rather, use DELETE
BACKUPSET.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-07-20
12:24:28: