ADSM-L

Re: Old tapes

2005-07-19 10:14:11
Subject: Re: Old tapes
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:06:26 -0400
Hey Ben,

I am wanting to use this command, but my sup. wants to know how to get
those tape back if needed???

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
WWJD

                      Ben Bullock
                      <bbullock@MICRON.        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Old tapes
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/30/2005 11:35
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

 We have had to do this in the past to free up library space.
Rather than using the checkout libvol command, I would suggest using the
functions within the TSM server to store tapes outside of the library:
the "move media" command.

 Do a 'help move media' for how it works.

 Here is an example command I have used that would check tapes
out of the library from our "I_TAPEPOOL" storagepool that have not been
touched in 60 days:

move media * stg=I_TAPEPOOL wherestate=mountableinlib wherestatus=full
day=60 ovflocation='Bldg26 rack'

Ben