ADSM-L

Problem with drive

2005-07-18 13:31:52
Subject: Problem with drive
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:31:34 -0400
We are running TSM 5.2.2 server on AIX with clients 5.2.2(windows/UNIX).

We had the picker hang up today and is in the process of being repaired.

We are running a IBM 3484 library.

The problem is with RMT1 which is now showing "Drive State: UNKNOWN" but
the other drives look fine.

How can I change it back to "EMPTY" since the drive is empty?

I tried to toggle it "OFFLINE" then back "ONLINE" but it stayed in the
same state.

                                Library Name: 3584LIB3
                                  Drive Name: RMT1
                                 Device Type: LTO
                                     On-Line: Yes
                                Read Formats:
ULTRIUM2C,ULTRIUM2,ULTRIUMC,ULTRI
                                               UM
                               Write Formats:
ULTRIUM2C,ULTRIUM2,ULTRIUMC,ULTRI
                                               UM
                                     Element: 269
                                 Drive State: UNKNOWN
                                Allocated to:
                                         WWN: 500507630007A911
                               Serial Number: 1110111802
              Last Update by (administrator): JONES
                       Last Update Date/Time: 07/18/05 12:54:55
Cleaning Frequency (Gigabytes/ASNEEDED/NONE): ASNEEDED

Eric Jones

PLATFORM AND SERVER SOLUTIONS

Owego, NY

Phone:  607-751-4133