ADSM-L

Re: Backup/Restore Questions

2005-07-15 14:05:26
Subject: Re: Backup/Restore Questions
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:05:10 -0400
==> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:09:17 -0400, William <weiduo.deng AT gmail DOT com>
said:

> For example, I have a system which as 20 million files and 5 file systems.
> fs1   3 million files
> fs2   4 million files
> fs3   5 million files
> fs4   5 million files
> fs5   3 million files.

> When client starts to backup, will it get whole 20 million files list
> or just one file system by one file system?

If you do not set MEORYEFFICIENTBACKUP, then it will pull down the file list
for all the filesystems it's working on at the moment.  If your
resourceutilization is set to e.g. 2 or 3, this might just be one at a time.
If it's set to 10, it might be 4 at a time.

If you do MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP, then it will just pull down whatever set of
directories it's working on at the moment.

- Allen S. Rout