ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange 5.2.1.0 Policy clarification

2005-07-14 12:01:25
Subject: TDP for Exchange 5.2.1.0 Policy clarification
From: Steve Schaub <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:01:07 -0400
TSM server 5.2.4.3

We are changing some policies for our Exchange environment and after reading
the TDP user guide I am questioning if my previous assumptions are correct.

We were planning on using the following policy:

Daily fulls expiring after 5 days
Hourly incrementals expiring after 3 days
Weekly or Monthly (dependant on each server's deleted item retention) fulls
that never expire

Is this a valid policy, assuming that any full backup older than 3 days is
basically a "snapshot", and not usable for bringing data back to the minute?

Is this a valid backup copy group setting (VerExist/VerDel/RetXtra/RetOnly):

   Fulls - nl/nl/5/5
   Incr - nl/nl/3/3

thanks.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-752-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (cell)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm