ADSM-L

Backup

2005-07-14 02:15:27
Subject: Backup
From: Akash Jain <akashj AT IBILTTECHNOLOGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:31:08 +0530
Hi all,

I am in very strange situation where my Oracle backup sometimes completes in
1 hour and sometimes it took only 16 minutes for same data.

On scrutinising the logs, it has been observed that it?s the matter of
network performance. Sometimes I am getting a speed of 1206kb/ps (data took
1 hour to backed up) and at 4506kb/ps completes in 16 minutes.

I am assuming this is the network issue and to be checked by networking
guys.

Does anyone have faces this problem or any ideas about the same?

AIX ? 4.3.3.11
Data ? Oracle Files
Backup Software : TSM

Regards