ADSM-L

ASR without floppy drive

2005-07-13 11:03:30
Subject: ASR without floppy drive
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:03:11 -0400
We are evaluating ASR as a bare metal recovery tool for Windows.
Most of our installed Intel servers have floppy drives, but we
were not expecting to order future Intel servers with floppy
drives. The last time we did a disaster recovery test, we got
Intel systems with floppy drives from SunGard, but I don't think
our contract guarantees floppy drives in the future.

Is is possible to use a USB key or a writable CD as a substitute
for the floppy disk mentioned in the ASR documentation?