ADSM-L

Re: Announcing IBM Support Assistant for TSM

2005-07-13 10:49:03
Subject: Re: Announcing IBM Support Assistant for TSM
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:48:46 -0400
Darrius,

I installed the assistant, and downloaded the TSM plugin, extracted the
files to the plugins subdirectory according to the instructions, but TSM is
not showing up anywhere within the assistant.  I only see the Websphere
plugin.  Can you clarify the plugin install procedure?

Thanks
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Darrius Plantz  |
|         |           <darriusplantz@Y|
|         |           AHOO.COM>       |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM: |
|         |           Dist Stor       |
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           07/12/2005 10:27|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                             |
  |cc:

  |        Announcing IBM Support Assistant for TSM
                                      |

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The TSM development staff has just finished the initial implementation of a
tool that will assist Tivoli Storage Manager admins with their support
issues.   It is called IBM Support Assistant ( ISA) and is available via
the download section at the TSM Support page:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

ISA is a cross-product extensible client application that increases your
capacity for self-help by making it easier to access support resources.
ISA allows you to add plug-ins for the IBM products you use, creating a
customized support experience for your configuration.

The Tivoli Storage Manager Server product plug-in enhances the Search,
Education, Support Links and Service component of IBM Support Assistant.
As more plugins become available for TSM we will announce them here.