ADSM-L

Re: TSM/Novell related question

2005-07-13 10:42:31
Subject: Re: TSM/Novell related question
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:41:52 -0500
I'm still a bit fuzzy on this myself, but if the server is nw6.5sp3 there's now
a unix-like execution environment installed by default.  I haven't looked into
it much yet, but it may allow you to run unix-like scripts, since you're
familiar with them.  I would guess though, that bringing the production server
up to newest patch levels will probably take care of the issue anyway.  You
could also try updating the tsm client to 5.3

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA 7/13/2005 8:59:31 AM >>>
Hi Everybody,

This is a TSM related question. I got some great info on how to fix a strange
Execute-only file permission issue in Novell . Unfortunately, the fix works
great for a test we ran in a development machine but not on the production.
While I'm investigating apply the latest service pack to get it to work on the
production machine, I'm looking for a script that will allow me to check the
troublesome directory for files changed in a 24 hour period, create a list, and
copy the files in the list ( including the path ) to a seperate directory for
backup. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I'm an AIX guy, and if this were an AIX OS issue I would have no
problems developing a script but I have no experience in Novell and scripting.

Rich

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.