ADSM-L

Re: DBVols not expiring by DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS

2005-07-12 08:53:22
Subject: Re: DBVols not expiring by DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:53:09 -0400
==> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:43:05 +0100, Matthew Large <Matthew.Large AT AVIVA
DOT COM> said:

> I've been rummaging through the mailing list-archives to see if any one else
> had this problem, and it seemed fairly prevalent a few years ago.  We have
> DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS set to 7, along with the re-usedelay option, but
> expiration doesn't delete up the DBvols older than then 7 days.  I checked
> out the drmedia details of the vols and the 'state' was set to courier for
> some reason. I thought perhaps this might be why the vols aren't expiring,
> so I 'move drm <vol> wherest=courier' to get them VAULT from where I had
> expected them to expire, ran expiration and they're still in the volhist
> table.

I think the next transition you should expect would be the DB vols going to
VAULTRETRIEVE, not their dissapearance.

You probably do daily fulls, but if you do incrementals then recall that the
whole backup series expires as a unit.

- Allen S. Rout