ADSM-L

Library not initialized

2005-07-12 03:03:12
Subject: Library not initialized
From: Karin Dambacher <karin.dambacher AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:02:44 +0200
Hi all,

we have a 3570 Magstar and TSM 5.2.3.4 on Windows 2000. After changing the
drives (physically) at the magstar, the library could not be initialized
anymore. Error is
ANR8840E Unable to open device lb8.1.0.2 with error
                          2818368.
ANR8441E Initialization failed for SCSI library LB8.1.0.2.

We have taken the newest drivers IBMMagxxx from ftp.boulder.ibm.com, in
Windows everything ok, with tsmdlst we get the addresses we have in the
pathes.
Before changing the drives everthing was ok.

Can anyone help? Do we have to delete TSM definitions (library) and
redefine it?

Thanks a lot, Karin
please immediately delete its contents and notify us. This e-mail was
checked for virus contamination
before being sent. Nevertheless, it is advisable to check for any
contamination occurring during transmission.
We cannot accept any liability for virus contamination.