ADSM-L

Identify vols with image data

2005-07-08 05:19:53
Subject: Identify vols with image data
From: Matthew Large <Matthew.Large AT AVIVA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:20:45 +0100
Hi All,

I've got a problem. Not like a rash or anything..
Our general_offtape copy pool receives the second copy of the data. In
this pool there are some volumes which contain parts of a 1.5TB image
file. When Space Reclamation runs and it hits this file we have to wait 8
hours for it to finish, which is unacceptable. We are already in the
process of backing up the image file primary pool to it's own pool, but at
the moment the inactive images have not yet expired. I'd like to perform
space reclamation on this pool as we are slowly eating into our emergency
scratch, but letting it run by itself does not leave me in great comfort.
I'd like to perform offsite 'move data's on some of the other vols, but in
order to identify which vols have any part of the image file on is
currently beyond me.

The volumeusage table doesn't help me much as it only identifies backup
data (and, I expect, archive data, but we have none).

Does anyone know of a method I can use to identify which vols contain
image data? We are performing daily incrementals on the same disk during
the week, and no collocation is on in this pool so volumes will no doubt
contain normal file-level data aswell as the end of the image file.

Thanks all.

Kind Regards,
Matthew

Aviva plc
Registered Office: St. Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ
Registered in England Number 02468686
www.aviva.com

This message and any attachments are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone
or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any
attachment from your system. Also, if you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.