ADSM-L

Re: port 1500 anomaly

2005-07-07 21:38:06
Subject: Re: port 1500 anomaly
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:37:54 -0400
On Jul 7, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone running AIX 5.2 with TSM 5.2 has run in to
this.
After some time port 1500 seems to be inaccessible to sessions either
directly from the tsm server or remotely. I thought I had heard
about this
before but can't find anything at the moment. Has anyone else seen
this?

Geoff - I'm running that combination. Have not encountered such a
problem.

I'd recommend using netstat and lsof to check on port 1500, comparing
what it looks like when good versus bad.  At the same time, test the
responsiveness of other TCP services in that system, such as doing:
    rpcinfo -t <Hostname> portmapper
from inside the system and from outside.  Do 'no -a' on that system and
see if significantly different from a comparable system.  Look for
'netstat -i' showing ethernet packet count activity on the en* adapters.
Use 'iptrace' and 'ipreport' to monitor port traffic.

I would also keep a dsmadmc session active (perhaps even via
-CONsolemode or -MOUNTmode).  Examine the latest Activity Log entries
from the time period.

Use 'ps', 'topas', and other tools to check dsmserv process viability.

   Richard Sims