ADSM-L

Re: compare between LTOPOOL and VAULTPOOL

2005-07-05 15:05:15
Subject: Re: compare between LTOPOOL and VAULTPOOL
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:04:48 -0500
I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but this
select statement gives you the number of files and the amount of data in
each pool.  Then you can compare the totals of your primary pools vs.
your copy pools.

select stgpool_name as "Storage Pool",sum(num_files) as "Number of Files", -
sum(physical_mb)/1024 as "Total Physical GBs" -
from occupancy group by stgpool_name

Here is a sample output from my test server.

Storage Pool           Number of Files                    Total Physical GBs
------------------     ---------------     ---------------------------------
ARCHMP                       1060382                                76.13
ARCHMPCP                  1060382                                76.13
BKUPMP                         947657                                 31.93
BKUPMPCP                    947667                                 48.64
GHOSTMP                              10
16.97

You can see that the ARCHMP and ARCHMPCP pools are in sync all data in
the ARCHMP primary pool is backed up to the ARCHMPCP copy pool.  Also,
you will note that the primary pools of BKUPMP and GHOSTMP are backed up
to the copy pool BKUPMPCP and they add up as well.  Therefore, on my
test server all data in primary pools is backed up to my copy pools.

I hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Luc Beaudoin wrote:

Hi all

I would like to make sure that the occupency in my library and what's
offsite are the same
but I dont remember the command .... can someone help me on that one

Thanks

Luc