ADSM-L

Re: LTO2 is unconfident

2005-07-05 06:02:11
Subject: Re: LTO2 is unconfident
From: nghiatd <nghiatd2 AT FPT.COM DOT VN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:14:25 +0700
I also have used SDLT tapes for 2 year and they are still well,
LTO tapes just were bought four month ago. I will check again to see whether
drive is error.

>The capacity of your tapes are related to your compression-rate. Since all
data is not the same, you'll see different rates for >different kinds of
data

I think it is true if I use soft compression.
What is hard-compression different from soft-compression ?

In my opinion, when using hard compression, tape stores more data because
data is written on tape closely .
I use hard compression (no compresss from client) so I think it is only
related to hardware. and capacity of tape is similar ?