ADSM-L

Re: Storage Pool Backup Issue

2005-07-01 06:51:47
Subject: Re: Storage Pool Backup Issue
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 20:51:10 +1000
Joni,

In the past I have run two scripts, one for disk to tape and one for
tape to tape, and I just threw everything at TSM  at once and let it
handle the tape allocation.

I used a schedule that checked for a backup stg process and either
scheduled itself for five minutes into the future or kicked off phase
two, and a similar one for phase three (db backup).  Of course in TSM
5.3 you would use the new parallel processing commands instead.

The result is not quite as optimal as it might be, but it is nearly
so, and it lets the smarts in TSM do what they are there for.

HTH

Steve.

Steven Harris

AIX and TSM Administrator