ADSM-L

Cross-node recovery with TDP for MSSQL

2005-06-29 20:51:09
Subject: Cross-node recovery with TDP for MSSQL
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:50:47 -0400
Hi all,

The subject says it all but we're trying to emulate what we do with our
DB2 servers on our mssql servers. Basically each night we restore a copy
of our production data on another server so that we can validate our
backups are good. We also use this database to load our warehouse.

Does something like that exist under the TDP/MSSQL client?

I can provide additional version information if needed but I don't think
it will be applicable to the TDP side of things. I will say that we have
two TSM servers, one running 5.2.2 on windows and the other is 5.2.4 on
AIX 5.3. I don't have the TDP client version handy but I just downloaded
it from passport advantage last week.

Thanks,
John E. Vincent.