ADSM-L

Re: Storage Pool Backup Issue

2005-06-29 11:48:06
Subject: Re: Storage Pool Backup Issue
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:47:50 +0200
Joni,

For each of your primary disk storage pools you will need a script that:
- Backup stg disk -> copy maxproc=#drives wait=yes;
- Backup stg tape -> copy maxproc=X wait=yes;
- upd stg disk Hi=X lo=y. # start migration of that stg pool.

This way you don't have the rest of your stgpool maintenance waiting for
the most used stgpool job to finish.

At the end of the script you can define a admin schedule which fires off
a script that checks if the migration has ended and if so reset your
diskpools hi and lo parm. This admin schedule in turn can fire off a
admin schedule which runs a script to check of any of the storage pool
jobs is still running and if not do a db back-up en pre.

Regards,

Karel