ADSM-L

Re: Two TSM Servers

2005-06-29 11:23:11
Subject: Re: Two TSM Servers
From: William Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:22:47 -0400
Hi Jop,

I alter the directory structure before installing.  I currently have
The tsm packages installed in 7 places.

The key to this is using the -a and -R parameters of pkgadd.  See the man
pages.
Edit the default file and save it elsewhere.  Change the basedir to 'ask'.
Then create alternate directories and use them with the -R parameter.
-R says to use an alternate root.  This is necessary to keep the 2nd install
Of the tsm packages from seeing the package install control files in the
real
Root.

The alternate directory structure is complicated, I can send you a doc
About if you want.

Bill

bcolwell AT draper DOT com