ADSM-L

Storage Pool Backup Issue

2005-06-29 10:59:13
Subject: Storage Pool Backup Issue
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:58:42 -0400
Hello Everyone!

I have an issue of drive shortage and I would like to cascade my backup
jobs of my storage pools.  I know that you first want to make the disk to
offsite tape copy and then the onsite tape to offsite tape copy for each
storage pool.  My question is, how do I combine all 14 jobs in a cascading
order so that they are only using a maximum of 6 drives at a time?  I
thought about putting them all within a script and running them with
wait=yes but I don't think that will give me exactly what I want to do.  If
anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the input!  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603