ADSM-L

Re: Export node with TDP's ?

2005-06-29 08:36:06
Subject: Re: Export node with TDP's ?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:28:48 -0400
Pretorius,

> 1. Does anyone know if export node works with the Exchange TDP?  (Win2k3
> with Exchange2k3)

This should work, make sure you export all filespaces for the node.
Each TSM filespace contains data for one and only one Exchange storage
group.

> 2. Instead of running multiple Nodenames on our Cluster servers we are
> looking for ways of doing monthly backups and keep them for many years
> while still keeping our weekly backups for only 10 versions.
> Unfortunately it seems one cannot specify a ManagementClass on the
> commandline so we cannot use a different MC for this.  Any other
> thoughts?

If this is for Data Protection for Exchange, this can be done by
using a "COPY"-type backup and binding the "COPY"-type backups
to a different management class using the INCLUDE statement.
See the User's Guide for more information on that.

If this is for "file"-level backups... did you look into the
archive function to accomplish long term retention?